What we do > Lobby and Advocacy|
Lobby and Advocacy
WfWP lobbies and advocates for women as agents of cahnge.
WfWP is visible at many important international congresses, workshops and so on. WfWP took for instance the formal lead in organising the Women’s & Gender Coalition for World Water Forum 5 (Istanbul 2009).
The WfWP initiative to organise the Major Group Women in this way at WWF4 in Mexico (2006), highly impressed the World Water Council and WWF5-secretariat and granted their support to repeat this process for WWF5.
WfWP is an important player in the international field of Water and Sanitation and Integrated Water Management.
- International Commitments On Gender, Poverty and Water, overview formal international commitments/ recommendations 1992 - 2004, WEDO/ Women for Water Partnership, 2003/ 2008, published first time as brochure for CSD 12, WEDO, NY 2003 (English) (Download kb)
- Capacity Building on Gender Equity in the Water Sector - Khosla, Prabha, WfWP 2009 (English) (download 133 kb)
- Water, Equity and Money: The need for gender-responsive budgeting in water and sanitation - Khosla, Prabha, NVR 2003 (English) (download 296 kb)
- Recommendations Regional Working Conference Women for Water, Botswana 2008 - WfWP 2008 (English) (download 26 kb)
- Statement Women's conference World Water Forum 2009, Istanbul 2009 - WfWP 2009 (English) (download 52 kb)
- Gender-Disaggregated Data on Water and Sanitation - Expert Group Meeting Report UN DESA/ UN Water Taskforce/ WfWP 2008 (English) (download 869 kb)
Last update on september 23rd, 2011